Hamas War

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Post Independence Day, Omer #22, Combined HH and KCC

This was cross-posted on me-ander.

Yes, this is a combined Havel Havelim and Kosher Cooking Carnival. They are the two Jewish blog carnivals I run. KCC, the monthly blog carnival about all aspects of Kosher food, is really "my baby," since I started it host most of them. It does have a facebook page, which helps, and sometimes it's on other blogs, like Tzivia's. If you'd like to host an addition you can sign up on fb or email me. Also email your links to me (shilohmuse@gmail.com) with KCC as subject or to the upcoming host. The Kosher Cooking Carnival comes out around Rosh Chodesh, the beginning of the Jewish Month, so this is the Iyyar edition.

Havel Havelim is the very long running weekly international Jewish blog carnival started by Soccer Dad who no longer blogs. We now coordinate on facebook. Next week's will be hosted by Tzivia of Adventures in AliyahLand; please submit your links before Shabbat (your time) to tzivia@aliyahland.com with a one-line description of your post and HH as subject.

When I host the blog carnivals, I include posts sent to me plus those I've chosen mostly from blogs I know about and my own blogs, too. Since this past week we celebrated Israel's Memorial and Independence Days, there will be posts about them and also what's happening in Israel and other Jewish issues, plus more personal blogs. And the kosher food posts will be more than just recipes.

Please read, comment and share the posts included. I'm sure that you'll find something of interest. Also, please share this blog carnival, which is a floating Jewish Internet Magazine!
Remember, you don't have to be a blogger to enjoy, read, comment and share Havel Havelim and the Kosher Cooking Carnival!!
Now, on with the show:

I'm starting with the April Jewish Book Carnival, which includes links to reviews of Jewish books on various blogs all over the world.
From Rabbi Ben-Zion Spitz a couple of posts, Weapon of Mass Education, My Lodestar, My Rosh Yeshiva, in memory of Rav Aharon Lichtenstein ZaTZ"L.
From Lady Light on Tikkun Olam, Some Recent Israeli Accomplishments in her 67 Years: Independence Day 2015.
Enjoying The Bible, About the Omer.
Ha'Orot Rav Kook, HA’OROT-RAV KOOK ON MEDINAT ISRAEL/STATE OF ISRAEL AND NATIONALISM
Here's a Real Jerusalem Streets post with great Israeli Independence Day photos and from Memorial Day.
Varda Epstein, over at Israellycool has unearthed a treasure: The Mystery of the Jews, a short film which packs the entire, unbelievable, amazing history of the Jewish people, beginning with Abraham the Patriarch into 21 minutes. And here's another from Varda. This one from 2006, when a rather more hirsute, and definitely prescient Binyamin Netanyahu made a guest appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher.
Ruti blogged about the wonderful Yom Ha'atzma'ut in Neve Daniel.
We must thank G-d that my dear friend Miriam is alive. Read her blog, her story.
In my neck of the woods, the kids celebrate Israeli Independence by standing along the road waving flags.
I've come up with a low carbohydrate version of "Savta Brei," faux "potato" pancakes aka latkes, and the recipe can also be used to make a very healthy low carb kugel.
Thankfully, G-d has sent me some great miraculous rides, aka tremps or hitchhikes.
Aviva put out a notice about  Sexual abuse awareneness events in RBS and Jerusalem, April 26 and 27.
Tzivia writes about a book she is working on about Tisha B'Av for kids.
Paula asks What's Wrong with American Jewry....
The Lost Kitchen, Poached Salmon.
Here in Israel, names of towns are after people. And in my neck of the woods, I can say that I knew some of them. Israeli Soldiers and Terror Victims Memorial Day- People Not Places
From my vantage point working with Arabs.
From The Sussmans, First the Tears.
IsraelSeen.com Dreams Really Do Come True in Israel
Elder of Ziyon Israel ranked 11th happiest country in the world; Falk justifies Hamas terror
May I Have That Recipe 26 Amazing Vegetarian Passover Recipes You’ll Want To Make All Year Round
Avi's Kosher Kitchen Garlic Stuffed Lamb Shanks in Mint Wine Reduction

Please join our Jewish blogging community, and remember that you don't have to be a blogger to read, comment, share and enjoy the blog posts featured here!


2 comments:

rutimizrachi said...

You are very kind, Batya. I have been sick and busy and haven't had time to think about HH. Thank you for bothering to include my post.

May Hashem bless you with good health, continued energy, and the strength to do all of things you want to do!

Batya said...

Ruti, irresistible post!
Feel better my dear friend.