Hamas War

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm Not Afraid of Obama As US President

An illustrated version of this, including the Hillary Suha kiss, is posted here.

Don't get me wrong. It's not because I think he's pro-Israel or cares about Israel or Jews in a good way. I wouldn't argue with the facts in articles like this one.

But...

I think that Israel is safer with an American President who isn't going to play us like some schmaltzy fiddle. Today's US blacks aren't the Martin Luther King who marched happily with Jewish supporters.

Today's blacks know that they don't need the Jews' sympathy and support.

I hope and pray that whoever is America's next president won't use the perpetual lie of:

"We must move the American Embassy to Jerusalem."

I prefer honesty. I prefer a president who won't claim to be "a friend of Israel." Almost twelve years ago, hours after being run over by an Arab terrorist, I did not feel comforted to hear then US President Bill Clinton on the news saying that he will "stand by Israel." Well, to me "standing by" means watching, not helping. A friend doesn't "stand;" he gets up and actively helps.

Clinton's wife uses all the code words to attract Jewish support, but she has the same aim as Bush and Rice, placating the Arabs and giving the terrorists another state. Obama may be more honest about it. I'm sure he has American Jewish supporters, because the American Jewish "religion" is to help the blacks, even if it hurts.

And about the Republicans, I know even less about the candidates. As long as it's not Rudy, who knows how to manipulate Jews, I really don't care who the candidate is.

In the end they're all the same. Could it be like Yes, Minister, or more sinister than that? Remember that the anti-commie Nixon recognized Red China, and Begin gave Sadat the Sinai. Yes, it's the same all over the world.

Maybe those teenage girls who wouldn't give their names to the police are more pragmatic than all those obsessing over polls and elections. Think about it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ain't it refreshing to read Israeli commentary about the current primaries from someone who actually understands them?

I usually entirely avoid Israeli analysis of American politics. Very, very few actually 'get it'. After one lousy state, the media here thinks it has figured it out. Oh, but then another comes along, forgot about that. Then Obama has a landslide victory in another and Clinton is almost seen giving up.

Sheesh, I'd be reassured if it were only our xenophobic and ignorant tabloid media, but unfortunately, our politicians actually read them to be informed.

Batya said...

The primaries are better than the polls. I love it when the press get upset, because the election results differ from the predictions. Polls are "educated" guesses.
But the truth is that the campaign speeches are just advertising campaigns and there's no truth in political ads.

Anonymous said...

Your view about Rudy Juliani surprises me, perhaps because I don't know how to read between the lines in American politics. I would be happy for you to explain why you mistrust him.

Batya said...

It seems like the "between the lines" and "out of the box" are my specialties.

First of all, Rudy isn't doing well in his campaign.

The theme of my article is that Israeli politicians are very dependent on American approval and like to feel that the sitting president loves them. Then they'll do anything for that presidential smile, no matter how dangerous to the security of Israel.

It doesn't seem like Obama will play the game, and that may, hopefully, make the Israeli politicians suspicious and nervous and maybe, G-d willing, more careful.

Leora said...

I see lots of Obama signs going up in my area (Central New Jersey). Only saw one Hillary sign.

By your argument, Ron Paul seems like a better choice than Obama. But Obama actually has a chance.

I don't know whom to vote for; as I get older, all the candidates are suspect.

Batya said...

Leora, I agree that with time and experience, I now don't trust any of them.
The Kennedy's have joined the Obama camp, Caroline and Teddy. That's bad news for Hillary.
In principle, as an Israeli, I don't vote in American elections, even though I have the right to as an American.
Choosing Israeli political parties, we don't vote for people, is more than difficult enough, yes, even for me.