Hamas War

Monday, January 4, 2016

Is Anytihng Really NEW?

As many of you know I am visiting the states now, and this visit, even more than previous ones, I feel totally disconnected or disengaged from the news both here in New York where I have been so far and in Israel.


I consider it always a good reminder that everyone sees things from very different perspectives. All of us tend to expect that our viewpoint is the best and most important.


It is all so hard to remember that not everyone gets the same information to process. If we lived some place maybe we too would think differently. Even people who are together decades disagree often. I wonder how much is genetic and how much is from one's earliest training. Food for thought for now.

2 comments:

Gnarlodious said...

I know what you mean. When I came back to the states after years living in a settlement it was literally culture shock.

Batya said...

I visit about once a year but the feeling is still strange. Where had you lived in Israel?