Hamas War

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Israel Attacked by Hamas 2023/5784, War Musings #1

 


Hamas attacked the innocent civilians in the south of Israel, murdering, mutilating, raping, burning, kidnapping and more just under two weeks ago. 

Israel was taken totally by surprise. The military experts had trusted the fences and technology. And many of the residents, yes, some of those murdered/tortured and more, considered themselves good friends of the Arabs on the other side of the fence. Yes, many of the communities and families hired those very same "friendly Arabs" for industry, housework and all things in between. Survivors recognized their "friends" rampaging in the security camera footage.

I've been writing a lot on facebook, and I've decided that I must blog it, too. 

On Facebook, I've touched on quite a few issues. I'll probably take some of those thoughts and elaborate more on them here.

I presume you're curious about me and what's happening in Shiloh. First of all I must say that Shiloh, bli eyin haraa, hasn't had even one siren. as long as local Arabs stay quiet, we're OK. Most of my kids are in the Jerusalem area, which hasn't been as peaceful.

The first week, many people panic-shopped, and stores were pretty empty. Also, stores which employ Arabs found themselves short-handed. Our two local supermarkets are all local Jewish labor, so they found themselves emptying the storerooms. For me and my husband, who don't need much-- besides the fact that I always have "extra"-- we had all we needed. Then by this week, the store seemed to be fully stocked, business as usual.

I'm very involved with the "senior crowd" here for social and cultural activities. My Tanach/Bible group has been meeting as usual on Google Meet almost daily. I just haven't left Shiloh. There's no need, though maybe next week. Matan began this week on zoom. I'm enjoying the treat of first two weeks for free. I listened to lots of classes. 

After a few days of war, I almost totally stopped listening to the news. Maybe I'll elaborate on that in my next update.

Please ask your questions in the comments.

No comments: