Hamas War

Monday, September 23, 2019

Israeli Elections 2019, 5779 - Not Panicking - Don't Fear Change

In the dark of the night...
The Art of Israeli Politics

At this point, Bibi, Gantz, MKs and innumerous political wheeler dealers are busy with their combo chess poker game, a marathon of hints, talks, teases, flirts, promises, deals, maybes, posturing, threats, posing, faking increasing the national market for medication to reduce blood pressure.

I've decided to take it easy. Last week I voted, and that's as far as my influence goes. Some of you may have found my blog posts or facebook posts helpful in choosing which political party to go for, at least that's what I heard, but now it's not up to us.

Who's going to be sworn in as Prime Minister? 

Honestly, I don't know. I certainly don't want Benny Gantz or any of his Blue & White party. But on the other hand I think it's healthy for a country to have periodic changes in ruling leadership.

Since the great "shockeroo" of 1977 when Likud's Menachem Begin became Prime Minister, the Likud has led the State of Israel most of the time. Some of those governments were good, and some were bad, very bad. During the times when Likud was out of power, Labor and Kadima governments were passable to dangerously awful.

It's not good for a political party to consider itself invincible and above reproach. Ditto for political leaders. Sometimes losing is good, a serious reality shock.

May Gd have mercy on His People

No comments: