Hamas War

Thursday, March 25, 2010

No Surprise, The New York Times' Unbalanced Blogroll

The New York Times isn't the only print publication, which is now also online and offers their internet readers various blogs to supplement the op-ed page.  They call it At War, Notes From the Front Lines.  I looked for Israel.  Other Middle-East countries are assigned their own category.  The closest I could find was:
Arab/Israeli Politics, Policy, Culture
You won't be surprised to hear that of the big choice of three blogs, there are Arabs and Leftist Israelis.  No, nothing even closely resembling my neck of the political woods.  No balance, of course.

I guess that doesn't surprise you, my intrepid readers, simply because if you wanted the message of the New York Times or found it satisfying, you wouldn't be reading my blog.

Thanks

4 comments:

Keli Ata said...

Sad but predictable. A newspaper with a fixed agenda will never try to give even a little balance. I can't help but believe Israel would get more support if the media provided more balance and correct use of terms (ie. west bank etc).


Inspite of all the bias in the media there still are Americans who support Israel unconditionally, and I'm not talking about the nuts in the Xtian Zionist movement.

Recently I posted something online for people to pray for Jerusalem and mentioned that Israel is the US's only ally in the middle east.

My brother--an atheist--responded that Israel is our only TRUSTWORTHY ally.

I could have kissed him:)

Batya said...

So true, but America doesn't return the affection, as a govt.

Keli Ata said...

Yes:( And we have the gov't we have because cold hearted, ignorant Americans voted Obama et al into office.

Now if my brother and me had our why we'd be sending troops into Gaza to help recapture the land and kick every Palestinian out.

Batya said...

That would be something, but I'd like it on one condition. Israel's in charge.