Hamas War

Sunday, August 23, 2026

Israeli Elections Musings #6, Likud Primaries, 2026, Why I didn't Vote


As the upcoming Israeli Elections get closer, the situation gets more confusing, especially for those watching from afar. I'm right here and not confused about how things work. I just am utterly undecided about which party to vote for. I couldn't even choose candidates in the recent Likud Primaries.

There were lots of articles about those who "won" and "lost" safe spots in the Likud Primaries last week. What I didn't see were any interviews with those of us, the 40 plus percent of Likud members who didn't vote in the primaries. I'm a very, very veteran member of Likud, as I first joined even before the Likud as we know it today even existed. In 1970 I proudly, as a good Betari, had joined Herut. Over the decades I always voted in the primaries as the party grew and expanded into Likud. Yes, even when not voting Likud in National Elections.

This year I searched through what I could find about the various candidates to see who voiced opinions, policies and plans I agree with. A couple of MKs who seemed possibilities left the party looking for greener, or should I say brighter blue and white pastures. I certainly couldn't find the dozen needed for my vote to count. 

What was I looking for? I just had two very necessary priorities.
1- a candidate brave enough to say that Binyamin Bibi Netanyahu is a failure. His rule has just brought us war, which started long before October 7, 2023 and we're further away from victory than ever before. Simply put: Bibi must be replaced immediately
2- we have to fight to win ניצחון מוחלט, absolute total victory causing our enemies to surrender and be destroyed
I didn't hear that from anyone at all. That's why I didn't vote in the Likud Primaries, and I'm still horrendously undecided about which party will get my vote in the national Knesset Elections.

Who agrees with me? Please share if you do... 

No comments: