Hamas War

Friday, October 25, 2024

Hamas/Gaza War Musings #33- אחרי החגים After the Tishrei Holidays 5785

 


This War Musing is adapted from last night's "gnite" on Facebook. As some of you know, I write a message, rather unplanned every night before I go to bed. The words just come out, and it's as if my tapping fingers have minds of their own. Even when I sit down with a plan... I discover a very different message appearing on the screen. Please feel free to comment and share


Gnite
It's now אחרי החגים after the Tishrei Holidays. Most of the Jewish month of Tishrei is full of Jewish Holidays, Rosh Hashannah, Yom Kippur, Succot and Simchat Torah. Outside of Israel there's an extra day of Simchat Torah which is followed immediately by Shabbat, so those who observe Torah won't reach this milestone until three stars show Saturday night.
Last year's Simchat Torah was a nightmare. A Nazi like pogrom took place in Southern Israel. Reservists were called up on the holiday all over the country. Others just rushed out to help even though they hadn't been called.
Terrible tragedies and cruelty along with legendary heroism simultaneously.
Israeli military failed horrendously in every way. But the Israeli and Jewish People have been totally amazing.
During the previous year, there began attempts to reform our Judicial system, and our Defense Ministry needs reform, too, from the top.
We're still at war. More of our brave wonderful soldiers are dead and wounded. We must defeat the enemy. They must surrender, and we must resettle Gaza. Gd willing...
Please

During Succot there was an important event promoting return to Jewish life in Gaza. Disengagement was a terrible mistake, as were the Oslo Accords. If you've been reading this blog and my statements/comments on Facebook, you know that I'm totally disgusted with Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu's pledges, in Congress, the UN General Assembly ad nauseum that we're not returning to live there.

Bibi is the Centrist/Leftist that he unabashedly pledged to be when I heard him speak at the International Jewish Bloggers Conference in 2008. This is ignored and denied even by those who were there with me. I know he said it; his policies prove it. That's why I don't vote for the Likud. I choose my party, election by election according to policies. 

I'm not married to a political party. Too many people vote for a specific party religiously. I don't. I follow my principles, not sentiment. Menachem Begin lost me when he gave all of the Sinai, the best buffer zone imaginable, to Egypt, including destroying all Jewish communities there, in exchange for promises of peace. How could it be peace if Jews are forbidden to live there? Another thing for you to think about... Saadat didn't want Gaza. 

Netanyahu wasn't part of the anti-Disengagement movement, which makes it no real surprise that he keeps saying that Israel isn't returning to live in Gaza, Gush Katif. He hasn't changed. Bibi's a Leftist who recites Right wing slogans. Even during this war, his government has destroyed Jewish homes instead of expanding Jewish communities. As Prime Minister he has destroyed many Jewish communities and neighborhoods. I look at policy, not slogans.

Policing a territory or country doesn't work, if you're not living there. The USA fled Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan... when their policing didn't work. The same happened to Israel in Lebanon, and now Biden has made it clear that he has a policy plan for "after the war." The USA will establish a Palestinian State and police it. By what right? 

I'm an old lady. I've been in Israel since 1970. During the 1973 Yom Kippur War, I was a young mother of two in Jerusalem and felt that there was something very suspicious in the actions of the United States. I envisioned them as planning for a draw, victory for neither Israel or Egypt allowing the Americans to enter and rule. It took a few years until the truth came out. The USA was involved in the war before the first bullet was fired, hiding it all from Israel. They have admitted it. Bruce Brill's book Deceit of an Ally was approved by American censors. Brill's memoir proves that my suspicions were on the right track. Yes, I've written about this before.

Shabbat's soon, and I must finish this, even if there's more to say. I'm looking forward to reading your reactions...

No comments: