Hamas War

Monday, October 14, 2024

Hamas/Gaza War Musings #31-Which Jews Would You Put in The Top 50?

I was disgusted when I saw the Jerusalem Post's #1



In response I wrote a letter to the editor. After waiting a week and not seeing it published, I decided to blog it and welcome your responses. 

Horrified

When I saw the photo of Doug Emhoff on the cover of the Rosh Hashanah magazine of the Jerusalem Post, I felt sick. It took me two days to even open the magazine. Emhoff? Really? What were the editors of the Jerusalem Post thinking of? The guy married an ambitious biracial/biethnic non-Jewish woman who's running for President of the USA. 
 
How does that make him more special, more important than our IDF soldiers risking their lives, health to defend the State of Israel?
 
How does that make him more special than the survivors of the horrendously cruel attacks by our perverse enemies on October 7, 2023? 
 
How does that make him more special than the Israelis whose homes and communities were destroyed by the Gazan Hamas and their allies?
 
How does that make him more special than the brave Israelis still marrying and having children during this horrendous war?

Need I go on? 
Busha! You should be embarrassed!!

I couldn't read that magazine. After two days I turned the page and quickly slammed it shut. I've worked in advertising, and the first rule is that your cover should make people want to read the magazine/book whatever.
 
Jerusalem Post, you've failed. How could you promote Doug Emhoff and his wife against Donald Trump who had been the most pro Israel USA President ever? You're playing politics promoting the most unabashed anti-Israel candidate ever!

Batya Medad, Shiloh

No comments: