Recent summers I've blogged about conversations my friends and I have while busy exercising in the local Shiloh Swimming Pool. Here's another in that unofficial series...
Don't let outer appearances fool you. Chubby, cheerful looking grandmothers and bikini-body youngsters have more on their minds than cooking for Shabbat or where to vacation. None of us around the pool have been immune from the pains and cost of Arab terrorism.
Instead of exchanging recipes, cute stories about the grandchildren, vacation advice etc we were getting reports of the medical situation of recent terror victims.
While trying to burn calories, stretch limbs and contract muscles, we were also talking "justice."
- "All Arab terrorists should be executed."
- "The Death Penalty must be enforced on all Arab terrorists who even just attempted murder."
- "Why should the terrorists be released to try again?"
- "Why are our taxes supporting convicted terrorists in hotel conditions?"
- "Why was Adolf Eichmann the only person executed by the State of Israel? He was a bureaucrat, no worse than the Arab terrorists and those who support them."
- "The Palestinian Authority's financial support of terrorist families must be stopped."
Yes, that's how we feel. We're angry, frustrated, worried and very disappointed that the State of Israel isn't doing what it should be doing to increase our security and stop Arab terrorism. Arab terrorism isn't an ordinary crime; ordinary laws and modern justice are ineffective against it.
There's a lot of anger beneath the surface, under still waters.