Hamas War

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Wintery Rosh Chodesh Shevat

Chodesh Tov!

Today's Rosh Chodesh Shevat, and I had to decide between risking getting soaked and then stuck at Shiloh Hakeduma, Tel Shiloh or just walking to wear I could see the Site of the Biblical Mishkan Tabernacle and pray there. I went for the view of the holy site, rather than risk my health. Judaism stresses that one isn't supposed to risk their heath. That's why today, when group gatherings --including prayers-- are considered possible contagion sources for COVID corona, many people either gather in small minimal groups outdoors or stay home for prayers.


A friend and I joined together via WhatsApp video for Hallel, which we prayed out loud. I don't think anyone was within hearing distance to me. Considering the weather, it was perfect.

Of course the weather did get brighter immediately after we finished, but I expected that. And I also was sure that if I had walked to Shiloh Hakeduma Tel Shiloh it would have rained. One can always count on Murphy's Law

Next Rosh Chodesh will be Adar, which falls on Friday and Saturday/Shabbat, February 12 & 13. So we'll plan on praying together that Friday, 8:30am Gd willing.

בעוד חודש יהיה ראש חודש אדר, ימי שישי ושבת, אז בע"ה נתפלל ביחד בשילה הקדומה ביום ו', 12\02\2021 ב8:30 בבוקר.

In all the years I've been organizing Women's Rosh Chodesh Prayers at Tel Shiloh, this is the first year when two months in a row it rained Rosh Chodesh morning. Gd willing this is a good sign for the Land of Israel and the Jewish People.

If you'd like more information about our Women's Rosh Chodesh Prayers, please email me shilohmuse@gmail.com with Women's Rosh Chodesh Prayers as subject.

Shiloh Hakeduma, Tel Shiloh is a wonderful archeological site with lots to see and do. For more information contact 02-5789122,  visit@telshilo.org.il




No comments: