Hamas War

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Hamas/Gaza War Musings #29 How Will History Judge Bibi?

Recent weeks, I've found myself writing a short, but not sweet, gnite message on Facebook after taking out my hearing aids, taking off my "dog tag" necklace and eyeglasses before going to bed. It's illustrated with a photo showing whatever I'm reading, plus those accessories. I don't really plan what I'm going to write. It just flows... Letting my thoughts out is a good way to relax before trying to fall asleep.

I used to blog daily, before Facebook, and in my early days on Facebook. Nowadays I spend much more time on Facebook. It's hard to know how many people actually read my blog posts, while it's easier to get reactions on Facebook.

These gnite messages have been well received, so I'll be copying/sharing some here. I welcome your reactions, comments.




Thursday night, September 19, 2024
Gnite
It's hard to believe that in less than 24 hours we'll be celebrating, observing our Holy Shabbat. And totally horrifying is the fact that it'll soon be a full year that we're at war.
Maybe I didn't use the right verb in the previous sentence. That's because the State of Israel isn't actually fighting the war. It has been in a strange dangerous paralysis for most of the past 11 months.
To win, be truly victorious, we must fight. No mercy to the enemy.
I haven't seen that at all.
If Gd forbid there isn't a change soon, some day in the future, military historians will explain that Bibi's adoption of an unprecedented woke "morality" of warning the enemy before bombing, feeding the enemy etc prevented Israel from achieving the victory they could have easily won.
What do you think?


No comments: