Hamas War

Monday, December 22, 2014

For Each Jew a Chanukiyah

As you may have noticed from the pictures I've been posting on me-ander of our Chanukiyot, Chanukah Menorahs, even though there are just two of us empty-nesters living at home here, we light two Chanukiyot. I don't rely on just saying "amen" to my husband's blessings on the candles.


In the years when the kids lived at home each one lit a Chanukiyah, and if we had guests, I made sure to have enough for the guests, too. We have two large windows overlooking the street, and I'd clear the window-sills for as many as needed.

Chanukah, like Purim, is a Jewish Holiday based on a historic event. They were both attempts to annihilate us Jews, every one of us. So we all, young and old, male and female must celebrate. If you understand Hebrew, here's a very good explanation. Yes, if you're wondering, the actor/singer is the same Noam Yaakobson of Latma.

The Secret of the Macabbee’s War


No comments: