Hamas War

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Shiloh Conference #3 כנס שילה Kennes Shiloh

Era Rapaport
Shiloh Hakeduma
Tel Shiloh
Shiloh Conference #3 כנס שילה Kennes Shiloh took place today, and it was wonderful! There were tours and lectures. I took the tour led by my neighbor Era Rapaport, and I must say that even though I'm at Shiloh Hakeduma, Tel Shiloh every month, if not more frequently, I saw things I've never seen before or knew existed, and I learned a lot.










Reproductions of the ancient Biblical storage jugs found along the walls of Tel Shiloh


We even went to the new museum which is in the bottom floor of the  מגדל הרואהת Migdal Haro'eh, Observation Tower, which also has the impressive movie presentation upstairs. As you can see, the conference was attended by people of all ages. It takes place in Hebrew.





I hope that the lectures will be available online. I missed the last two, and from what my husband said, they really were great. One thing that I heard from a speaker was that although one of the first Israeli archaeologists who spent a lot of time digging in Tel Shiloh, Yisrael Finkelstein, is known for trying to disprove the Bible, Shiloh has consistently proven him wrong. The discoveries here in Shiloh reconfirm the Biblical narrative.





It's definitely worth visiting the site and even taking a tour if you can. Guided tours can be arranged through the Shiloh HaKeduma, Ancient Shiloh office. Email visit@telshilo.org.il  or phone 02-994-4019.

2 comments:

debby fayga said...

thank you for posting this,I had no idea what was in Shiloh. Will comes when I am in Israel this fall.

Batya said...

wonderful