Hamas War

Monday, October 28, 2013

Washing Out a Terror Victim's Blood

Photo credit: Reuters
While I was eating dinner, I almost lost it, as the saying goes. The television was on with the news, here in Israel of which convicted Arab terrorists would be released this time.  Just FYI Israel has long ago used up pretty much all of the convicted terrorists who hadn't succeeded in murdering anyone, so now convicted murderers are being released for various non-legal reasons.  This time convicted Arab terrorists are being released to "encourage" the P.A. to negotiate peace with us.
Israel is set to release in the coming days 26 terrorists who killed Israeli citizens. Of the 26 terrorists set to be freed, 21 came from Judea and Samaria, and 5 from Gaza. Most committed their terror attacks before Oslo, and served sentences ranging from 19 to 28 years.
Read more at: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/names-of-victims-of-the-26-terrorists-to-be-freed/2013/10/28/
I'm so glad that the terrorist who injured me, a couple a dozen others and murdered one woman had been killed on site soon after.  I don't know how I'd handle knowing that after that dastardly act he could be allowed by the Israeli Government to be free.  The suitable punishment for such a crime is death, and thank G-d three young men who were on the scene shot him dead.  They had to deal with the police, but in the end they weren't convicted of any crime.  This was also one of the early cases when the police tried to prove the terror attack was just an "accident."  I was involved with telling the public that it was a terror attack.  I gave information to the Jerusalem Post for a front page article and double-sized editorial, wrote an op-ed and then was interviewed on live TV on the IBA.

The terrorist being released that got me extra upset was once who murdered someone in our circle.  Minutes after the attack, someone I know arrived at the scene and comforted the victim's family.  Blood from the victim got on that person's clothes.  It wasn't all that much blood, but the person kept visualizing blood all over the outfit and asked me to get it clean.  I scrubbed and scrubbed it.  It looked clean to  me, but the person I know couldn't wear it ever again.  In that person's eyes, the blood would always be there, no matter how clean it looked to others.  Thinking about it today, I see that I was wrong.  I couldn't really clean that jacket of blood. The stain of the murdered victim of Arab terror wasn't just blood red.  For  the family and and friends the blood will always be visible.

Protestors march toward Ofer Prison
Yoni Kempinski
This can be compared to the situation going on now.  There are protests about the prisoner release.  The protesters still see the blood, while the government is trying to convince us that the blood had been cleaned away.  The government insists that there is only a low chance that these Arab terrorists will resume terrorism against us.

Now, I, too, see the blood.

4 comments:

NormanF said...

I keep thinking about revering the dead!

Why isn't any one in Israel outraged enough to kill those those who insult the dead?

I would surely strike down the man who insulted the name of my father. For he is as guilty as he who would shed his blood.

Those who wipe away the blood of the slain are no better than the murderers and they are even more guilty - of subverting justice in the world.

Anonymous said...

On the one hand, I am slightly to the right of Genghis Khan - I have no problem with a decision to EXPEL all those who self-identify as Palestinian citizens to the other side of the river.

And I have no problem with the death penalty for murder.

But on the other hand, in a land where neither of these two ideas can find definitive support, we are left in a scenario where we have to find SOME level of trust in the other side. Just for one example, Batya appears to have sufficient amount of trust to work in a retail establishment where self-identified Palestinians, Kuwaitis, & etc, are looking for high level of service and value-for-money.

So the question now becomes... what can be done to increment the level of trust?

Just for now, I prefer to accept the judgement of the security-organ districts of J& S that it is in the interest of the Hebrew people to have a modus vivendi with the PA security organs.

Batya said...

Norman, as you know it's not so simple. The law is supposed to replace what you feel in your kishkes. The problem is that the law isn't doing its job.

a, I'm Righter than you are...
I don't think Jordan wants them. There's a time bomb with the thousands of Syrians who have fled to there for refuge. We here in Israel were a lot safer before there was a "PA security organ." We should never have facilitated such a move to establish one. In Sha'ar Binyamin Israel is sovereign. That's the trick.

NormanF said...

I know.... when the guardians of the law are corrupt/evil we must take matters into our own hands.

I am not at all advocating vigilantism but there are exceptions in life and I for one would prefer to spend the rest of my life in prison than my see my child's killer walk free.

If society is not up to the task, it becomes my duty to secure justice.