Hamas War

Monday, September 19, 2011

True Peace?

I don't really like the name of the group that put out this video, The Legal Right to Palestine:
Examining the long-hidden documents of the 1920 San Remo Conference,  GivePeaceAChance.info







The video has some excellent points, as it examines the actual status of Israel according to history and international law. Too many anti-Israel statements and demands are made in the name of "international law" that aren't at all consistent with those very laws.

International organizations, including the United Nations, don't follow international law and ignore history. There is no logical reason for Israel to pay any attention to their demands. None of the other nations care about justice, history and legal precedence. The have their agendas, and Israel's survival isn't on the list.

The more Bible I learn, the clearer it becomes. Our salvation will only come from G-d. King David repeats many times that he thanks G-d for saving him. He doesn't need fancy armor; G-d is the best weapon.
2 Samuel Chapter 22 שְׁמוּאֵל ב
א וַיְדַבֵּר דָּוִד לַיהוָה, אֶת-דִּבְרֵי הַשִּׁירָה הַזֹּאת, {ס} בְּיוֹם הִצִּיל יְהוָה אֹתוֹ {ר} מִכַּף כָּל-אֹיְבָיו, וּמִכַּף שָׁאוּל. {ס} 1 And David spoke unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul;
ב וַיֹּאמַר: יְהוָה סַלְעִי וּמְצֻדָתִי, {ר} וּמְפַלְטִי-לִי. 2 and he said: The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
ג אֱלֹהֵי צוּרִי, אֶחֱסֶה-בּוֹ; {ס} מָגִנִּי וְקֶרֶן יִשְׁעִי, {ר} מִשְׂגַּבִּי וּמְנוּסִי, {ס} מֹשִׁעִי, מֵחָמָס תֹּשִׁעֵנִי. {ר} 3 The God who is my rock, in Him I take refuge; my shield, and my horn of salvation, my high tower, and my refuge; my saviour, Thou savest me from violence.
ד מְהֻלָּל, אֶקְרָא יְהוָה; {ס} וּמֵאֹיְבַי, אִוָּשֵׁעַ. {ר} 4 Praised, I cry, is the LORD, and I am saved from mine enemies.
ה כִּי אֲפָפֻנִי, מִשְׁבְּרֵי-מָוֶת; {ס} נַחֲלֵי בְלִיַּעַל, יְבַעֲתֻנִי. {ר} 5 For the waves of Death compassed me. The floods of Belial assailed me.
ו חֶבְלֵי שְׁאוֹל, סַבֻּנִי; {ס} קִדְּמֻנִי, מֹקְשֵׁי-מָוֶת. {ר} 6 The cords of Sheol surrounded me; the snares of Death confronted me.
ז בַּצַּר-לִי אֶקְרָא יְהוָה, וְאֶל-אֱלֹהַי אֶקְרָא; {ס} וַיִּשְׁמַע מֵהֵיכָלוֹ קוֹלִי, וְשַׁוְעָתִי בְּאָזְנָיו. {ר} 7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, yea, I called unto my God; and out of His temple He heard my voice, and my cry did enter into His ears.
...
מז חַי-יְהוָה, וּבָרוּךְ צוּרִי; {ס} וְיָרֻם, אֱלֹהֵי צוּר יִשְׁעִי. {ר} 47 The LORD liveth, and blessed be my Rock; and exalted be the God, my Rock of salvation;
מח הָאֵל, הַנֹּתֵן נְקָמֹת לִי; {ס} וּמֹרִיד עַמִּים, תַּחְתֵּנִי. {ר} 48 Even the God that executeth vengeance for me, and bringeth down peoples under me,
מט וּמוֹצִיאִי, מֵאֹיְבָי; וּמִקָּמַי, תְּרוֹמְמֵנִי, {ס} מֵאִישׁ חֲמָסִים, תַּצִּילֵנִי. {ר} 49 And that bringeth me forth from mine enemies; yea, Thou liftest me up above them that rise up against me; Thou deliverest me from the violent man.
נ עַל-כֵּן אוֹדְךָ יְהוָה, בַּגּוֹיִם; {ס} וּלְשִׁמְךָ, אֲזַמֵּר. {ר} 50 Therefore I will give thanks unto Thee, O LORD, among the nations, and will sing praises unto Thy name.
נא מגדיל (מִגְדּוֹל), יְשׁוּעוֹת מַלְכּוֹ; וְעֹשֶׂה-חֶסֶד לִמְשִׁיחוֹ {ס} לְדָוִד וּלְזַרְעוֹ, עַד-עוֹלָם. {ר} {ש} 51 A tower of salvation is He to His king; and showeth mercy to His anointed, to David and to his seed, for evermore. {P}

No comments: