Hamas War

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rosh Chodesh Tishrei is Rosh Hashannah, So...

Yes, in just a few days we'll be entering the next year according to the Jewish Calendar. 

When the night sky just shows stars and barely a sliver of moon, it'll herald the beginning of the next year, Rosh Hashannah, not Rosh Chodesh Tishrei.

For that reason, I'm not calling for women's prayers at Tel Shiloh.




Instead I recommend that you plan on coming to Tel Shiloh for the Succot festivities which will be that Monday and Tuesday. 


I'll post more information when I have it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Shilo,
Your blog is the first one I read at around 3pm in Sydney Australia.
I want to wish you and all of Klal Yisrael a Shana Tova U'metuka.
May Hakadosh Baruch Hu spread His "Sukkat Shelomecha" over you all in Shilo, and all over Eretz Yisrael.
I yearn to meet with you on my upcoming journey...
I have booked a seat on the "Wings of Eagles" - with the coming of Moshiach - in the "blink of an eye!"
Bracha
ps keep up your wonderful blog!

Batya said...

thank you Shiloh, I trust that we'll meet in the Holy City of Shiloh