Hamas War

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Words, Words, Words

The Jerusalem Conference ended tonightLast year I managed to be there for many of the sessions.  I walked around and listened and took notes and pictures, too.

This year I couldn't make it, since I take care of my elderly father.

I must admit that I enjoyed the "action" last year, the feeling that so many of us cared about the same things.  I saw old friends, and yes, some of the speeches were good.  But they were speeches and had no influence on anything.

Most people said what they felt the audience wanted to hear.  OK, I admit that I'm a cynic, though I prefer the description, "pragmatic."

Nothing will come from the "wise words."  And some of the words weren't wise at all.  I guess I didn't really miss anything.

No comments: