Hamas War

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chile's Earthquake Dwarf's Haiti's

8.8 is a lot more devastating than than the 7 plus in earthquake terms and numbers.  Haiti is a very different sort of country from Chile.  Haiti is part of an island southeast of Florida, while Chile is on the western part of the south American continent.

When I turned on the television after Shabbat, I was shocked to hear about the 8.8 earthquake in Chile.  What's next for the Americas?

As after every natural disaster, even in places which normally don't welcome Israelis, Israel has offered to send aid to Haiti.

This pre-Purim earthquake is just another lesson for us to remind us that G-d controls everything.

4 comments:

Keli Ata said...

Wow. 8.8--dangerously close to the maximum on the Richter scale of 9.0.

I watched something on PBS a while back about a part of the world called the Ring of Fire because there were dangerous volcanos situated in a ring.

If Hashem wanted to...

I don't know. I regard all these earthquakes as warnings.

Batya said...

Yes, keli, we must take it as a warning from G-d.

Phil-Am OSI said...

you are right Keli, this can be regard as warning to all of us.
we have to be ready always.

JDL London Canada said...

This is the Yad Hashem for sure, I remember the tsunami of 2005 when I was traveling by air on EL AL. As soon as I landed and went to Jerusalem to my hotel, I watched sky news and the death toll kept rising. By Shabbat it was over 200,000 possibly more. The frequency of all of this is alarming, perhaps the next one will be in the US or Canada - G-d forbid ....