Hamas War

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Two "Sides" of Jerusalem

I took these pictures the other day in Jerusalem.


Jerusalem Israel

Jerusalem Israel

There's a lot of construction at the Israel Museum. I get it from a very good source that the newly enlarged and renovated museum, scheduled to re-open to the public next May, on Jerusalem Day, will be much easier to access for all. In the meantime, there are still exhibits, changed every few months, and of course there's the Billy Rose Sculpture Garden, Shrine of the Book and the Model of the Old Jerusalem from Temple times.


reflecting

Jerusalem Israel

Jerusalem Israel

Downtown Jerusalem gives me views and scenes to rival anything I find in the museum!

2 comments:

Leora said...

Nice photos, Batya. I especially like the bottom one. Your reflections are always interesting.

I haven't been to the Israel Museum since 1980. Look forward to a visit sometime before the next decade, I hope.

Batya said...

Thanks, Leora, I love the reflection effect. You really should get to the museum next visit. Even in its construction state, there's lots of see.