Hamas War

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Instead of Money

This is not the year for us to write checks, so I'm glad that there's a food bank to which we can donate unopened food packages before Passover. It was established in memory of Sarah Lisha, HaYa"D, (May G-d Avenge her Blood,) who was murdered a few years ago.

Sarah was the girls; PE, Gym Teacher, in our local Shiloh Elementary School. She took over a year after I left the job. Unlike me, she was highly qualified, and I was very glad that was there to teach the girls. Her brother lives in Shiloh, and the last time I saw her was at his home. I had her laughing as I told her stories about my days as the teacher and the crazy conditions we had to contend with.

Sarah lived in Neve Tzuf, southwest of Shiloh, and she was traveling home when she was shot and killed by Arab terrorists.

Now, in her memory there is a "G'mach" food bank, and that's where we send
most of the chametzdik food bought and unopened before Pesach.

L'Ilu'i Nishmata
May Her Soul Be Elevated

No comments: