Hamas War

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Making A Difference

At the wedding we attended the other night, I was overjoyed to see the variety of beloved old friends at the table we were assigned to. There were people I had first met when we were in our teens. One of them, Jeff Gabbay, is the CEO of CUPRON, a company which is making a difference in the health of people all over the world.

CUPRON manufactures antimicrobial fabrics; that means fabrics which protect against bacteria and fungus. It sounds more like some futuristic science fiction, but apparently it's real.

The fabrics are used for a variety of things, from superficial cosmetic wrinkle-removal to surgical bandages and diabetic socks. And all sorts of "inbetweens."

Jeff absolutely glows when he talks about it. I haven't tried any out, but maybe I'll get the opportunity. The list of products is amazing.

As my friends and I enter the age of "senior discounts" and retirement, I wonder how many of us have really made a difference in the world, or have we just schlepped along. For sure, Jeff is doing something special for other people. Yes, it's a business, but science and medicine do cost money. Free and "natural" have their limits.

No comments: