Hamas War

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Israeli Media Is Attempting To Make Sense Of Avigdor Lieberman's Popularity

It's rather humorous, actually. Suddenly the man they tried to avoid is the biggest news in the elections.


"What's important isn't the numbers, it's the trend.

That's what the pundits are saying, and they trend is voting for Avigdor Lieberman.

Now for my understanding of the phenomena:

It's all Bibi Netanyahu's fault! Bibi should never have gone for the "center." The people want a strong patriotic, Right wing leader, not some wishy, washy parve guy.

  • Parve isn't a leadership characteristic. It's a sign of weakness.
  • The center is like a whirlpool, dragging everything into the deep to drown.
  • A leader pulls us out of a morass and gives us a strong, positive, optimistic future.

I'm not voting for Lieberman; I neither trust nor support him, but he's showing the leadership the country is craving.

Polls are just polls, and elections, at least here in Israel, always provide later surprises. We never know how the politicians will behave once in office.

So, it all boils down to:

Yisrael, batach b'Hashem!

People of Israel, trust in G-d!

PS I'm voting Ichud Le'umi!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pareve = Bibi... I like it a lot.

Batya said...

I'm glad you do. But obviously the public doesn't.

Anonymous said...

Comrade, Parve in political language is complacent in English, considered one of the worst traits for anyone with leadership responsibilities, let alone a country's prime minister.

Batya:
---
"PS I'm voting Ichud Le'umi!
---

Don't be naive. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes Shy Guy, I know this...

Batya said...

Well shy, I guess we just disagree on it.