JBlog Carnival Updates, HH, KCC & JPIX

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Anne Bayefsky, Mistaken, Again

I want to agree with Anne Bayefsky, but I keep having problems with her basic view that "suddenly" there are problems with Europe, the United States etc.

I don't understand how she could write in


"...A president whose friendship and alliance with Israel once appeared honest, perceptive and unshakable, decided two weeks before leaving office to throw Israel to the wolves. The resolution calls for a ceasefire in Gaza and does not even mention the word "Hamas..."

Being a cynical pragmatist, I'm a firm believer in the "Yes, Minister" principle that the bureaucrats rule. Bush may make the pretty speeches, but it's pro-Pseudestinian Condeleezza Rice whose policy dominates the United States Department of State, which was never pro-Israel.

I consider Bayefsky's naivete dangerous for the position she holds.

No comments: