Hamas War

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Two Types of Traffic

The other day, while in Jerusalem, I was thanking G-d a lot.

Thank You, G-d, For Giving Me The Physical Health
To Be Able To Walk To The Bus Station.
It may sound like a strange "bracha," blessing. But due to Olmert's Monumental Monument to His Reign as Mayor of Jerusalem, traffic is horrendous wherever the light rail touches. It certainly doesn't have a gentle touch. Bulldozers and tractors rule. Our Holy City of Jerusalem is being abused and its citizens and visitors tortured.
Yes, I admit that there are neighborhoods in the city still untouched, but unfortunately the center of town, Machane Yehuda Market, Central Bus Station, Herzl Blvd and Pisgat Ze'ev have been most seriously affected. That's where I go. And that's where many of your "ordinary" Jerusalemites have to be.
I took this movie on Monday, on my way from Machane Yehuda Market to the bus station. Thankfully, I've adjusted to carrying my heavy things in a backpack, because I'd never be able to wheel them without damaging my wrists.



And the other "traffic" was when I was in the Bar Kochba Tunnels in Herodian yesterday.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? You were at the shuk and you didn't call to say hello? I'm hurt.

;)

Batya said...

I don't have your number. I'm there at least once a week, and sometimes just walking by.