Hamas War

Monday, December 15, 2008

Facing Jihad, or Are Paranoids Really Pragmatists?


No, I wasn't at the "Facing Jihad" conference. Arlene Kushner gives a good summary of the highlights. My husband posted a lot of pictures. Twitter was used by some for providing live time highlights. Maybe I really ought to sign up.
Ironically, a couple of decades ago, Bibi Netanyahu, helped or mentored by the late David Bar Illan, would have hosted a conference like this. Instead it was MK Dr. Arieh Eldad, MD of the Hatikvah Party. Eldad chose a name for his party with much potential for inspiration. Too bad he hasn't succeeded in inspiring the Israeli public. It's all in the packaging.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Galia Albin? The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Anonymous said...

Paranoids?

All I saw were realists.

Batya said...

I'm not a Galia fan, but I point out how Arieh is missing out on a great tool, the party's name. He hasn't utilized the emotion etc.

shy, yes, that's the point. My husband wasn't wearing blue.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I mistook someone else for your husband. I recognized him later.

I posted this on your husband's site, too:

My Picasa album of the conference. Anyone feel free to use the pics, just credit them to me, "Shy Guy".

Batya said...

Thanks, I'll have to take a look.