Hamas War

Saturday, July 26, 2008

I Wish I Had Been At The Lady BlogHer Conference

I had absolutely no idea that there was a "network" of female bloggers, BlogHer, until I read this article in the New York Times.

Apparently, like me and my blogs, it's a much more varied group than the "mommy blogs." Only one of my blogs is at all "female," me-ander. This blog and The Eye of the Storm are mostly political and also deal in religious issues.

Do readers relate to the blogs as "female," Israeli or a combination? In addition there's the age issue. Few female bloggers, at least the jbloggers, are older than me. Of the bloggers I've met in person, those I only know via blogging, most are my children's ages or younger. Does my age show in my posts, even when I'm not talking about what I remember from decades past?

I've been blogging a four years, and as I got more into blogging, I've concentrated my contacts in the jblogging (Jewish blogging) networks and carnivals. I've been living in Israel since 1970, and even when I blog about the American elections, my perspective is from my home in Shiloh. It's rare for me to see things otherwise; though there have been notable exceptions.

There are female bloggers who hide who they are and what they are, figuring that people would take them less seriously, if it were known that a lady was blogging the blog. I can't play that game. I'm me, a wife, mother of five and a grandmother. And, yes, I blog.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The few females who are involved in the corridors of IT power have barreled over gates like daredevils over Niagara Falls. They are self-taught. I met some of them this past weekend and it was a revelation— my god, they're tough. I felt like I did the first time I met female steelworkers in the 70s.

-----------------------------
Ages

Internet Marketing

Batya said...

ok