I don't agree with MK Dr. Arieh Eldad:
The other Ehud, Barak, who is back in power, heading the Labor Party, was actually a worse Prime Minister. His reign was short, so I guess many people have forgotten.
- But I can't forget the rampant Arab terrorism.
- I can't forget the shootings and bombings.
- I can't forget wearing those heavy, and mostly useless, bulletproof vests.
- I can't forget the fear, the terror and the empty downtown Jerusalem.
- I can't forget Barak's pitiful empty threats.
My sons were in the army then, and I was more afraid of their traveling to base than going house to house in Shechem.
And I haven't forgotten that Ehud Olmert is smart, and he's still in office, and he will be in office for at least another couple of months.
- Ehud Olmert is far from gone.
- Ehud Olmert's here and he's in power, the most powerful "lame duck" politician.
- Ehud Olmert hasn't stopped negotiating with our enemies.
- Ehud Olmert hasn't admitted guilt.
Those who want to take over Olmert's position haven't promised the public better policies, stopping the appeasement, the gifts to the Arabs.
I'm not celebrating. I hate to think what Olmert has up his sleeve...