Hamas War

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Don't Be So Sure

It seems like not all men are created equal and not all are equal before the law... at least in Israel.

There are different ways of judging, Jews, Arabs, Right, Left and Olmert.

If I was on my home computer, I'd do a search for all the headlines like this one,

I remember a few years ago taking my parents to kvell seeing my daughter in her lawyers' robe in the Israeli Supreme Court at a hearing which charged Arik (Etrog) Sharon with corruption. His government lawyer insisted that there were secret reasons why he was permitted to accept the money, and the judges accepted that reason on faith.

I admit being mistaken in thinking that today's MK's would be willing to let the government fall after their two year pension rights kicked in. Apparently they're too greedy and don't want to lose any of their present power, which all polls say would be the result of new elections. The only way they'd risk it would be if the polls would go in their favor. So, if you're asked your opinion in a poll, say you'll vote for Kadima or Labor.

No comments: