Hamas War

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Great Firewall of China


This is about a modern dragon.

Not only Chinese bloggers are affected. The great firewall severly restricts internet access in and from China. I have no idea how it's done, but as a blogging dissend Israeli, I find it very frightening.
Besides trying to be inconspicuous at an Internet Cafe or at a computer in a public library, we can be traced and examined so easily when online.
I'm always amazed at the information available on my "visitor counters" about those who have looked at my blog. No only do I find out the exact times and how many pages they saw, I can discover the country, internet server, screen resolution and lots, lots more.
That's why I think that using my real name and picture is no more "dangerous" than trying to hide it all. Fellow blogger, if someone wants to discover your true identity, it wouldn't be very hard.

No comments: