Hamas War

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Keeping Our Land

I just sent a letter to the Jerusalem Post about 'Keeping all settlements is justified under Halacha.' First of all, at least as of this very minute, there's no online trackback for the article. Please let me know in my "comments," if they put one up. Thanks

Here's my letter:
First, why was there no trackback*Now there are trackbacks for "Dec 4, 2007 1:45 Updated Dec 4, 2007 2:24 'Keeping all settlements is justified under Halacha'?"
The rabbi brings up some very imortant points. way back in the more "immediately after the Six Days War," HaRav Nissim, then Rishon L'Zion, Chief Sfardic Rabbi visited New York and he was asked about relinquishing any of the Land liberated in the war. He, very clearly, said that it was forbidden. I was at that public meeting.
But there is something that OC Chaplaincy Brig.-Gen. Avichai Ronzki says which I find strange. He spoke of express lanes for Jews. We don't have that from Mateh Binyamin, north of Jerusalem. Our traffic delays, of sometimes an hour plus, are the same as the Arabs. In actuality, they have more road options than we do. We just have the Hizme entry at Pisgat Zeev.

No comments: