Hamas War

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Benny Liss, more truth!

Last night, again, I was pleasantly surprised when veteran Israeli TV journalist, Benny Liss gave a scathing report about Disengagement. Just a few days before, I saw and heard him report about the Arab destruction of ancient Jewish artifacts on the Temple Mount. He emphasised that that the official Israeli Archaeological Authority isn't protesting!

Back to last night...
On the religious Saturday night, post Shabbat program, he was featured giving background about Disengagement, two years after. Benny Liss showed documents of government lies, how the government claimed that Disengagement would save the country and that there was a "solution for every family," the thousands ripped out of their homes. The government claimed that within two years they'd be living in new permanent homes, etc.

He really was fantastic. Liss is one of the oldest reporters, and I presume that he's close to retirement. I'm amazed at the turn-around in his reporting. He was not like this years ago. When I tried to get more information about him, I saw that he was involved in a program that Women in Green complained about.

One of the beauties of Judaism is tshuva, repentance. I'm glad to see these changes in Benny Liss.

Shavua Tov.

No comments: