Hamas War

Monday, May 28, 2007

None of them get my vote!

Today Israel's once-the-only-ruling Labor Party is having its primaries. Paid members get to choose between the devils and the deep blue sea for a new head, who would be Prime Minister if the party gets enough votes in the next, b'mhairah b'yamainu (speedily in our days), elections.

I must admit that as much as I can't stand the Labor Party and all that its true history stands for, of the three main parties in today's Israeli political scene, it's not the worst. The Kadima opportunists, the worst of Likud, Labor and other political hopefuls, gets that title. Those who stayed in Likud and Labor get my grudging respect for their "loyalty."

Basically the candidates all have the same fatal philosophy.
"Peace" has its price. Give the Arabs enough, and they'll offer/accept "peace."


For that reason, it doesn't matter which candidate "wins," it's bad for Israel, and "bad" is the kindest of words I could choose.

No comments: