Hamas War

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Time to Roar


Consider where the Nonaligned Movement (NAM) summit is to take place.

Sep. 14, 2006 0:52
Jerusalem braces for usual 'bashfest' at nonaligned parley
By HERB KEINON

Israel is bracing itself for yet another Israel bashing festival when the triennial Nonaligned Movement (NAM) summit opens Saturday in Fidel Castro's Havana.

"We expect to be taken to the cleaners, criticized for everything short of breathing," one government official said Wednesday.


Why should our government officials sound like a bunch of nebichy wimps? Of course Israel will be treated like the world's punching bag when it acts like a bunch of whining kids! the bashing won't stop until we act like a strong self-reliant nation!

Look at Fidel Castro and take the good from him. We must learn from everyone. Yes, I know he's far from perfect, but he didn't let the United States boss him around. And I know that his medical condition isn't good. His poverty-stricken country has had the U.S. quaking for almost 50 years. Believe me, Cuba has a lot less resources than we do.


Like in the science of Body Language. We're sending out messages that are endangering us.
And if it really bothers you to use Castro as a role model, how about learning from literature or cinema? The Mouse That Roared has more truths than most Political Science texts.

Because we have been so weak and apologetic for "breathing," Israeli Arabs are no longer shy about expressing their true feelings. Even Arab Knesset Members aren't afraid to show "solidarity" with our enemies. This is very dangerous for the State of Israel.

The Israeli Government has always tried to show the Arabs that they are part of the state, even reducing the official Jewish identity and giving Arabs equal status. But this isn't working the way it was "planned." Instead of grateful, loyal Arabs, we have terrorists and traitors. They want us dead, destroyed, gone. G-d forbid!

And to quote from a favorite song of mine:

I Whistle a Happy Tune
by Rodgers & Hammerstein

Whenever I feel afraid
I hold my head erect
And whistle a happy tune
So no one will suspect
I'm afraid.

While shivering in my shoes
I strike a careless pose
And whistle a happy tune
And no one ever knows
I'm afraid.

The result of this deception
Is very strange to tell
For when I fool the people
I fear I fool myself as well!

I whistle a happy tune
And ev'ry single time
The happiness in the tune
Convinces me that I'm not afraid.

Make believe you're brave
And the trick will take you far.
You may be as brave
As you make believe you are

You may be as brave
As you make believe you are

While shivering in my shoes
I strike a careless pose
And whistle a happy tune
And no one ever knows,
I'm afraid.

The result of this deception
Is very strange to tell
For when I fool the people
I fear I fool myself as well!

I whistle a happy tune
And ev'ry single time
The happiness in the tune
Convinces me that I'm not afraid.

Make believe you're brave
And the trick will take you far.
You may be as brave
As you make believe you are....


3 comments:

beakerkin said...

Most of those non-aligned countries are irrelevant. How did Cuba head the organization?

goyisherebbe said...

Yep, and we're all TOO relevant. There is a good reason why so much of the world is against us, because Judaism is radically for emuna (faith in the Almighty) and tzedek (justice). Our friend Francisco Gil-White at http://www.hirhome.com sees it and his political incorrectness is getting him kicked out of his teaching job in the Dept. of Psych. at U. of Penn.

Batya said...

Funny they call themselves "non-aligned" since they certainly aren't neutral.

That's what Israel has to realize; our security is only from how we perceive and how we stand.

Like Dorothy, who had the power within herself.