Hamas War

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

From the people

a few items

Overheard, from the "people:"
"It feels strange not being called up."
"Yes, I want to get back into my tank, even though each time the jump out seems harder."
"I'm too young to be sitting home."

More formal Poll, from IMRA:
Poll: Israelis support entry of ground forces into Lebanon 54%:29%
oppose Olmert's Convergence Plan 50%:28%
for more, check IMRA

Kidnapping rumor
TV news mentioned a rumor that a soldier was kidnapped from Herzeliya. Now for those who don't know, it's one of the poshest areas in Israel. It's not a place one "expects" terrorism. It's like Great Neck, NY, Beverly Hills, CA or Hyde Park, England.
There isn't the same feeling of "alertness" as we have in Shiloh.
You also won't find armed guards like I saw at the Shiloh junction yesterday when waiting for a ride home.
I hope that the rumor's false.

2 comments:

Baleboosteh said...

It seems we should 'expect' terrorism anywhere these days.
I hope the kidnapping rumor is false.

Batya said...

yes and amen